Monday, April 27, 2015

Mondays Can Only Get Verse 3


GRACE

The rigid trees are draped in lace
of chartreuse leaves
a gauzy grace
which gives each twig a dance
in spring’s embrace.
Oh that I might a twiggy branchlet be
so clothed in grace that it would cover me
with soft green leaves that dancing
set me free.


VICTORY
Green flags
unfurl
in the sun

skunk cabbage

proclaiming
winter's demise.

TWO WAYS OF LOOKING AT A DANDELION

I.
Spring is sporting yellow speckles.
My lawn has dandelion freckles.

II.
I hack their tiny heads off as
they infiltrate my lawn
I'm sure I've killed them all and by
tomorrow they'll be gone
but nothing's quite so stubborn as
these fuzzy feline scions
At dawn I yield my field of dreams
done in by dandelions.

GOOD CLEAN FUN
Billy Baker ate some soap
His mother said, "Don't do it!"
But when he coughed a bubble up,
his mother knew he blew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to some spamming I now need to moderate comments. Thank you for your patience.